Chiara Arroyo covers Mexico for Screen.
- Tel: (52) 555 661 5074
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canana, the production company founded by actors Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna and producer Pablo Cruz, has lined up five films for release in Mexico through its new distribution arm. Most of the titles are first films by local film-makers. The first to be released is Aaron Fernandez's directorial debut Partes Usadas (Used Parts) which will open on April 18 on 25 prints in Mexico City.Also set for release this year are Laura ...
At the fourth Iberoamerican Co-production Meetings at the Guadalajara International Film Festival, Colombian project Latinos, to be directed by Victor Gaviria and produced by El Baile Films, was awarded with the main prize.
The 23rd Guadalajara International Film Festival will open next Friday with Mguel Kohan's El Cafe De Los Maestros, a documentary about the glory days of Argentinian Tango.Argentina is the featured country this year and ten Argentinian films will screen this year, while the festival will also act as a meeting point for producers and distributors from Argentina in order to strengthen ties with Mexico.The Festival, which has ...
- Mi Vida Dentro wins top prize at Mexico's Morelia Film Festival
- Morelia Film Festival to open with The Orphanage
- Mexico submits Reygadas' Silent Light as Oscar entry
- Mexico - Duo draw on local inspiration
- Cha cha cha: the dream team
- Chiara Arroyo: asilent witness
- El Violin a surprise hit at Mexican box office for Canana