Diego Batlle covers Argentina for Screen.
- Tel: (5411) 4772 6862
- E-mail: email@example.com
Cinema attendance figures in Argentina dropped by an estimated 1% in 2008. The period saw 34.2 million admissions as opposed to 34.5 million in 2007.However, total box office gross was 18% up from last year because of a 20% rise in the average ticket price, according to provisional figures from Nielsen EDI Argentina and Ultracine.Hollywood blockbusters took a 79.9 % share of the market (82.1 % in the same period of 2007), ...
Liliana Mazure, president of the Argentinian Film Institute (INCAA), and Jerôme Paillard, head of Cannes' Marche du Film, announced this Tuesday in Buenos Aires that the city will host a new film market for Latin American productions. The three-day event will be right after the Mar del Plata Film Festival (Nov. 5-15) and the idea is to attract 200 buyers and producers from Europe, Asia and the US.'The Buenos Aires market ...
The Argentinian Academy of Film Arts and Science has awarded Lucrecia Martel's The Headless Woman with three Sur prizes (out of 11 nominations); including best film, best director and best original script in Buenos Aires on Monday.
- Japan claims top prizes at Mar Del Plata
- The Hurt Locker kicks off 23rd Mar del Plata Film Festival
- Argentina opts for Pablo Trapero's Lion's Den as Oscar entry
- Admisions down 8% in Argentina for first six months 2008
- Latin America - Argentina
- Argentina's San Luis festival announces inaugural lineup
- XXY is Argentinian foreign-language Oscar nomination