By continuing to use the site you agree to our Privacy & Cookies policy

EdgeStone Capital Partners acquires 49% of Canada's MPD

Canada's distribution landscape shifted again today as Canadian private equity firm EdgeStone Capital Partners announced plans to acquire the 49 per cent share of Motion Picture Distribution LP owned by Movie Distribution Income Fund. The other 51 per cent will be controlled by Goldman Sachs, part of the US investment bank's over-arching deal with CanWest Global to acquire MPD's parent company, Alliance Atlantis Communications. Fund unit holders will receive C$10 per unit.

Continue reading – simply subscribe below

It takes just two minutes and you’ll immediately gain full access to ScreenDaily.com, PLUS Screen International monthly magazine delivered to your door.

Screen International Subscribers:

If you are a Screen International subscriber please sign in with your email address and click submit:

Our records show you are already a registered user. Please sign-in with your password...

By continuing to use the site you agree to our Privacy & Cookies policy

Not a Screen International subscriber?

Sign up today for immediate and complete access to screendaily.com and the monthly Screen International magazine for as little as £19 a month!



Find out more about all the benefits of a subscription to Screen International.

newsletter+promo