EFP to screen 12 European Oscar submitted films during AFM
European Film Promotion (EFP) will screen 12 European submissions for the foreign language Oscar during the American Film Market (AFM), Nov 2-9, in the Wilshire Screening Room in Beverly Hills.
The screenings will be for international buyers, selected press and Academy members in an effort to acquire US distribution for and promote the films during the awards season in Los Angeles.
The films that are screening:
- Austria: Breathing (Atmen) by Karl Markovics
- Belgium: Bullhead (Rundskop) by Michaël R. Roskam
- Bulgaria: Tilt by Viktor Chouchkov Jr.
- Croatia: 72 Days (Sedamdeset i dva dana) by Danilo Serbedzija
- Czech Republic: Alois Nebel [pictured] by Tomás Lunák
- Iceland: Volcano (Eldfjall) by Rúnar Rúnarsson
- Ireland: As If I Am Not There by Juanita Wilson
- FYR of Macedonia: Punk’s Not Dead (Pankot Ne E Mrtov) by Vladimir Blazevski
- The Netherlands: Sonny Boy by Maria Peters
- Serbia: Montevideo, Taste Of A Dream (Montevideo, bog te video) by Dragan Bjelogrlić
- Spain: Black Bread (Pa negre) by Agustí Villaronga
- Switzerland: Summer Games (Giochi d’Estate) by Rolando Colla