Elaine Guerini covers Brazil for Screen.
- Tel: (55) 11 9765 9915
- E-mail: email@example.com
The Brazilian box office was up for the eighth consecutive year in 2013 as a result of strong performances from local films.
Argentina’s Natural Sciences (Ciencias Naturales), directed by Matías Lucchesi, on Friday (December 6) won Ventana Sur’s main Primer Corte Award, the competitive section of films still in post-production.
Blood Window, the first Latin American Fantastic Film Market, has been attracting plenty of interest at the fifth edition of Ventana Sur (Dec 3-6) in Buenos Aires.
- Panama to host LatAm awards
- Ventana Sur boosts Cannes' LatAm presence
- Rio splits top prize between two
- Set report: Bald Mountain
- US, Brazil to sign 'treaty'
- Daldry's Trash heads to RioMarket
- Brazilian box office surges 16% in 2012; local titles down