Elaine Guerini covers Brazil for Screen.
- Tel: (55) 11 997 659 915
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Felipe Sholl’s feature directorial debut earned top honours as the 18th edition of the Rio Film Festival concluded on Sunday night by honouring new voices of Brazilian cinema.
Brazilian director David Schurmann’s film was selected over Aquarius by one vote, prompting some social media protests.
As revealed earlier this week, the 18th edition of the festival will feature more than 20 world premieres. Screen runs through some local highlights and previews the RioMarket.
- Ricardo Darín: "I'm fine filming in Spanish, thank you"
- 'Embrace Of The Serpent' sweeps Platino Awards
- José Padilha talks Netflix series, 'Entebbe' and Hollywood battles
- Cannes: Kleber Mendonca Filho, 'Aquarius'
- Daniel Burman's TV debut 'Supermax' heads to MIPTV ahead of shoot
- Brazilian YouTube stars Porta Dos Fundos shooting feature
- Brazilian box office breaks records in 2015