Elaine Guerini covers Brazil for Screen.
- Tel: (55) 11 9765 9915
- E-mail: email@example.com
The story of a circus bullet man who visits his home town in Sangue Azul (Blue Blood) emerged as the big winner as the 16th Rio de Janeiro International Film Festival came to a close on October 8.
RioFilme, a public company linked to Rio de Janeiro’s secretariat of culture, announced today a $4.1m (R$10.16m) public bid for the selection of projects for the development of films as well as for the digitization of cinemas.
Marcos Jorge’s O Duelo is based on Home Is the Sailor and will have the most VFX shots of any film in the history of Brazilian cinema.
- Rio kicks off Brasil competition
- Brazilian box office growth continues
- Natural Sciences wins in Ventana Sur
- LatAm market hails Blood Window
- Panama to host LatAm awards
- Ventana Sur boosts Cannes' LatAm presence
- Rio splits top prize between two