Wild Bunch Benelux ties with Scandi's Selmer Entertainment
Pim Hermeling’s Wild Bunch Benelux has entered into a buying alliance with new Scandinavian outfit Selmer Entertainment.
The two companies are buying selected titles together for Scandinavia and Benelux. They have already made their first acquisitions - Twenty Feet From Stardom (sold by Elle Driver) and The Artist And The Model (sold by 6 Sales).
Coming off a bumper year, bolstered by successes like Thomas Vinterberg’s The Hunt and A Royal Affair, Wild Bunch has been on a mini-buying spree of its own with new buys including:
- Frank (starring Michael Fassbender and sold by Protagonist),
- A Thousand Times Good Night (sold by Global Screen and starring Juliette Binoche),
- In The Name Of (Memento),
- Tanta Agua (picked up from producers Topkapi),
- Richard Ayoade’s The Double (from Protagonist),
- May In The Summer and ,
- Elle S’En Va (both from Elle Driver).
Wild Bunch Benelux also recently bought Richard Linklater’s Before Midnight.
“2012 was for me incredibly important. I had a great year,” Hermeling commented.
During 2012, he set up Four Corners Distribution, a Belgian offshoot of Wild Bunch Benelux.