Cannes 2013: Midnight Screenings, Special Screenings
The Midnight Screenings line-up at the 66th Cannes Film Festival with details on each title including sales contacts. Special Screenings line-up also included.
Blind Detective (HK)
Dir Johnnie To
Andy Lau stars as a detective forced to leave the service after going blind, making his living by solving cold cases. When an attractive female inspector enlists his help in a personal case, the pair team up. Hong Kong’s prolific To has screened in Cannes Competition twice, with Vengeance in 2009 and Election in 2005. In 2010, he won a career Golden Lion at Venice.
Contact Media Asia Film email@example.com
Monsoon Shootout (Ind-UK)
Dir Amit Kumar
A rookie cop faces a suspected gangster in a dead-end alley and has to decide whether or not to shoot. Three separate scenarios explore the impact of his decision on other people’s lives. Initially developed with the UK Film Council, Kumar’s debut feature, a Hindi-language thriller, is produced by Trevor Ingman, Arte France, Anurag Kashyap Films, Pardesi and DAR Media.
Contact Fortissimo Films firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight, dir Stephen Frears
- Stop The Pounding Heart, dir Roberto Minervini
- WeekEnd Of A Champion, dir Roman Polanski
- Seduced And Abandoned, dir James Toback
- Bite The Dust, dir Taisia Igumentseva
Jerry Lewis Tribute
- Max Rose, dir. Daniel Noah
Gala Screening, tribute to India
- Bombay Talkies, dir. Anurag Kashyap, Dibakar Banerjee, Zoya Akhtar, Karan Johar