Russia unveils new titles at Cannes
The Russian Federations’ Ministry of Culture and film promotion body Roskino has showcased nine new and completed Russian films to the international media, distributors, and festival directors.
The films presented included:
- The Invisibles, dir. Sergey Komarov
- True Blue Story, dir. Renat Davletyarov
- Thirst, dir. Dmitry Turin
- Dog’s Paradise, dir. Anna Tchernakova
- I’m Not Coming Back, dir. Imar Raag
- Kicking Off, dir. Anton Bormatov
- The Hope Factory, dir. Natalie Meschaninova
- I Know How to Knit, dir. Nadezhda Stepanova
- Intimate Parts, dir. Natasha Merkulova.
The Russians have three films in official selection, Taisia Igumentseva’s Bite the Dust (Special Screening), Yury Bykov’s The Major (Critics’ Week) and Evgeny Byalo’s The Norm of Live (Cinefondation).
The presentation was supervised by Catherine Mtsitouridze of Roskino and moderated by the Kommersant film critic Andrey Plakhov.