10 films vie for Rotterdam Big Screen Award
Now in its second year, Rotterdam’s Big Screen Award Competition aims to support the distribution fo films in Dutch cinemas.
Nominees for this prize are ten new films from IFFR sections Spectrum or Bright Future with no Benelux distributor confirmed at time of invitation. An audience jury chooses the winner.
The award comes with a €10,000 prize for a distributor to support publicity efforts in releasing the winning film in the Netherlands. Last year’s winner was Italian feature Bellas mariposas by Salvatore Mereu.
Also, the Dutch Circle of Film Critics (KNF) will choose another winner from the 10 nominees for the KNF Award.
The full line-up of The Big Screen Award Competition 2014
- Another Year, Oxana Bychkova, Russia
- La distancia, Sergio Caballero, Spain
- It’s Us, Nick Reding, Kenya
- Jacky au royaume des filles, Riad Sattouf, France
- The Militant, Manolo Nieto, Uruguay/Argentina
- Obvious Child, Gillian Robespierre, US
- R100, Matsumoto Hitoshi, Japan
- Reimon, Rodrigo Moreno, Argentina/Germany
- See No Evil, Jos de Putter, the Netherlands/Belgium
- To Kill a Man, Alejandro Fernández Almendras, Chile/France