Geoffrey Macnab covers the UK for Screen.
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7226 0516
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lady Macbeth and The Levelling, each made for around $600,000, are two of the most critically lauded UK films of the year. Has the stigma of micro-budget film-making finally disappeared?
Bugsy Malone and Evita director discussed his career during a Brussels European Film Forum masterclass.
EUROPEAN FILM FORUM: Peter Dinges has said the industry is still suffering the after effects of the 2008 financial crisis; execs call for ‘European Netflix’.
- EU's Ansip: 80% of Euro movies only available in two countries
- Tallinn: Russian alien invasion movie 'Attraction' secures international sales
- Ally Derks' final IDFA underway, Michael Moore cancels visit following US election
- 'Afterimage': the journey behind Andrzej Wajda's final film
- Claude Barras talks Oscar hopeful 'My Life As A Courgette'
- Paul Verhoeven talks 'Elle' and why he fled to Hollywood
- Polanski's 'Based On A True Story' among Belga Films investments