Geoffrey Macnab covers the UK for Screen.
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7226 0516
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rakhshan Bani-Etemad’s feature, which upset Iranian censors, is in competition at the Venice Film Festival.
Boston-based 84-year-old Frederick Wiseman, who will be honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival tonight (Aug 29) is one of the greatest living documentary makers – and one of the most unobtrusive.
Few films in Venice this year have arrived trailing as much controversy in their their wake as Palestinian-Israeli filmmaker Suha Arraf’s new feature Villa Touma, which screens in Venice Critics Week.
- Francesco Munzi, Black Souls
- Coproduction Office boards Fires On The Plain
- Venice 2014: Competition, Orizzonti, Critics' Week, Venice Days titles
- Venice Film Market on the rise
- Cineart reveals ownership changes
- Sarajevo: Beyond Europe
- Sarajevo: The youth movement