Based in Seoul, Jean Noh is deputy Asia editor and Korea correspondent for Screen International. She started her industry career in international film marketing and worked at the Pusan International Film Festival’s projects market PPP as well as in production, and spent several working years at the Korean Film Council (KOFIC). Her freelance work includes annual territory reviews for Cahiers du Cinema in France, previously editing for Cine21 in Korea, and she is also a contributing editor at Korean Cinema Today.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theatrical box office was up 3.1% while admissions also grew; local films took 52% of admissions.
Festival counters that probe is “retaliation” for screening of controversial film; “I’m consulting with lawyers,” exec tells Screen.
Korean producer Kang Hye-jung of Filmmaker R&K discusses her long collaboration with director husband Ryoo Seung-wan — including their local box-office smash Veteran — and the challenges of finding new Korean directing voices.
- Busan: ‘London Stories’ wins at Asian Project Market
- Busan: Chinese blockbuster producers reveal success tips
- Busan: Mirovision launches sales on ‘Third Way Of Love’
- China's Huace, Korea's NEW launch joint venture
- Busan: O Muel opens 'Eyelids'
- Finecut sells 'Right Now', picks up 'Fatal Intuition'
- Kirin sells 'The Cravings' to China