Based in Seoul, Jean Noh is deputy Asia editor and Korea correspondent for Screen International. She started her industry career in international film marketing and worked at the Pusan International Film Festival’s projects market PPP as well as in production, and spent several working years at the Korean Film Council (KOFIC). Her freelance work includes annual territory reviews for Cahiers du Cinema in France, previously editing for Cine21 in Korea, and she is also a contributing editor at Korean Cinema Today.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) Organization Committee has confirmed veteran actress Kang Soo-youn as festival co-director today at a special assembly in Busan City Hall.
In reaction to protests from specialist exhibitors, the Korean Film Council (KOFIC) has announced it is going ahead with the launch of a new support programme for arthouse film distribution.
Japanese character and lifestyle business Sanrio is planning to launch a Hello Kitty movie for global release in 2019.
- Busan, Youku launch masters and newcomers project
- Korean industry protests KOFIC budget cuts
- S Korea's Bucheon fest unveils 2015 line-up
- BiFan's It Project Spotlight on Chinese, Nordic genre films
- S Korea's NEW holds film release over Mers outbreak
- Korea's NAFF It Project reveals 2015 line-up
- Korea's CJ pacts with Thailand's Major Cineplex