Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: email@example.com
TV smash Game Of Thrones and global box office hit Paddington are textbook cases of how film commissions can exploit content to boost tourism, a workshop audience at the Buenos Aires market heard on Friday.
Programmers at the eighth Buenos Aires market handed out their annual awards on Friday when several titles rose to the top and the judges also unveiled selections from a vibrant inaugural animation section.
The independently financed sci-fi drama has crossed the milestone, executives at North American distributor Paramount said on Friday.
- 'Doctor Strange', 'Arrival' on Oscar VFX shortlist
- How Matt Damon convinced Kenneth Lonergan to direct again after 'Margaret' "ordeal"
- US Briefs: Covert Media sells 'Earthquake', 'The Night Watchmen'
- Ventana Sur: Industry address evolving children's market
- New York Film Critics Circle votes 'La La Land' best picture
- Sundance 2017 announces New Frontier lineup
- Ventana Sur: Jorge Michel Grau eyes next project