Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: email@example.com
Universal’s global smash, which crossed $1bn at the international box office on Sunday and stands at $1.322bn worldwide, retained pole position in North America in its fourth session.
The action behemoth has became the third film to cross the milestone as Universal’s international distribution chief hailed its broad appeal, enduring love for Paul Walker, “immediate repeat viewings” and a huge result in China.
The Marvel Studios tentpole signalled an early indication of its global potential, while Fast & Furious 7 crossed $1bn for Universal in a mammoth box office session.
- ‘King Jack’, ‘TransFatty Lives’ win Tribeca audience awards
- Newport Beach FF unveils Pacific Rim, Irish showcases
- Jeffrey Greenstein to head Nu Image int'l sales, distribution
- Relativity in talks to acquire ‘Shot Caller’
- Saban Films moves on 'Backtrack'
- Content Media to sell ‘Deep Blue Sea’
- Hollywood targets lucrative local language production