Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brazilian promotional body will attend the EFM for the tenth consecutive year to talk up a slate of national films that includes Panorama selections Time Was Endless and Don’t Call Me Son.
SCREEN SUBSCRIBERS: The Sundance plays made by Fox Searchlight for The Birth Of A Nation and Amazon for Manchester By The Sea will be hot topics at the European Film Market (EFM). Jeremy Kay explores what the deals mean for the independent sector.
Top brass at the effects and feature animation studio said on Monday the 54,000 sq ft Canadian hub – backed by Québec’s investment arm, among others – will get nine features into production and create 500 permanent jobs by 2020.
- 'Kung Fu Panda 3' rules North America on $21m
- 'The Revenant' rules international box office on $24.6m
- Universal Pictures names Jason Bourne film… 'Jason Bourne'
- Oscar leader Iñarritu in DGA win
- 'Inside Out' dominates 2016 Annies
- Curator Films EFM-bound with 'Runoff'
- Premiere Entertainment Group bulks up EFM slate