Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jackie Chan action comedy ruled the waves at the weekend, plundering $62.3m in China as it ventured into six other markets via Bloom Media.
Paramount/Skydance’s sci-fi prospered on an estimated $59.6m number one debut, while Fox/Blue Sky Studios’ Ice Age: Collision Course looks unlikely to live long following a franchise-low $21m launch.
Another British actor earned his place in convention lore on Saturday as the Oscar-winner and star of the upcoming Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them handed out wands to everybody in Hall H.
- Marvel Studios brings the magic
- Mark Boal sues US government over Bowe Bergdahl tapes
- Comic-Con: LeEco embraces young generation
- Comic-Con: Snowden 'did not have a plan' to get out of Hong Kong
- Comic-Con: Luc Besson wows with 'Valerian' footage
- Comic-Con: searching for gems among the tentpoles
- Oliver Stone debut stirs Comic-Con