Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The prospect of Brad Pitt in a tank proved irresistible to North American audiences as the Second World War tale rolled into action through Sony, while Birdman delivered the result of the weekend with a massive limited launch via Fox Searchlight.
Guardians Of The Galaxy surged past $400m as a robust second weekend hold in China generated $23.1m overall and propelled the international running total to $404.8m.
IFC Films has acquired US rights to Andrew Niccol’s highly regarded drone film starring Ethan Hawke and January Jones. Separately monterey media has taken Like Sunday, Like Rain.
- Jorge Gutierrez, The Book Of Life
- Suite Française among AFM screenings
- Will Dracula Untold rise again?
- Jon Fitzgerald, Brad Parks, Hollywood Film Festival
- Barrie Osborne turns to Kickstarter
- AFI FEST unveils New Auteurs, Shorts, American Independents
- Sony DADC Media Solutions appoints Rightsline