Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: email@example.com
The Writers Guild Of America, West and East held simultaneous ceremonies on both coasts on Sunday night.
Warner Bros’ animation held on to pole position in its second session on an estimated $34.2m as the running total climbed to $98.8m.
It took 16 years to make Mel Gibson’s epic war film, with the $40m budget one of many stumbling blocks.
- EFM 2017: the big deals
- Argentina focus: How Patagonik drove record admissions in 2016
- Argentina focus: bold plans from the first film commissioner
- Meet the Hellers: Argentina's 3D and VR content studio
- Universal takes minority stake in Amblin Partners
- Bron Studios ramps up LA office with key hires
- 'Downhill' director in development on Chilean folklore project