Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: email@example.com
Top brass at the effects and feature animation studio said on Monday the 54,000 sq ft Canadian hub – backed by Québec’s investment arm, among others – will get nine features into production and create 500 permanent jobs by 2020.
FEBRUARY 8 UPDATE: DreamWorks Animation’s latest tentpole held on to top spot as a trio of new openers arrived with a whimper including Berlinale opener Hail, Caesar! from the Coen Bros.
FEBRUARY 8 UPDATE: A great weekend for The Revenant in which Alejandro G Iñarritu confirmed his Oscar favourite status with a DGA win saw the film add $24.6m from 67 markets to push the running total to $176.9m.
- Universal Pictures names Jason Bourne film… 'Jason Bourne'
- Oscar leader Iñarritu in DGA win
- 'Inside Out' dominates 2016 Annies
- Curator Films EFM-bound with 'Runoff'
- Premiere Entertainment Group bulks up EFM slate
- Shoreline Entertainment plays with 'Toy Gun'
- VMI Worldwide boards 'Outlaws And Angels'