Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All eyes will be on confirmed results on Monday as Fox International’s Rio 2 finished the weekend on an estimated $48m from 65 markets, compared to a $47m initial haul for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 from 14.
The studio announced (20) it had crossed the threshold for the year-to-date in a company record time to stand at $1.086bn.
Marvel Studios’ 2014 poster boy stayed top of the North American charts in its in third weekend in action, adding an estimated $26.6m to reach $201.5m.
- Lincoln Center sets Fassbinder retrospective
- Paramount, China Filmco eye Marco Polo
- Mike Weatherley on US tour
- Nancy Kirkpatrick to leave Summit
- Diamond shines for Cohen Media Group
- Academy sets 2014-15 timetable
- Ciaran Foy to direct Sinister 2