Screen Awards unveil expert judges for 2013
Judges include Will Clarke, Marc Samuelson, Damian Jones, Kate Gerova and many more.
Screen International has unveiled this year’s expert panel of judges for the Screen UK Marketing & Distribution Awards. They are, in alphabetical order:
- Edith Bowman, broadcaster
- Zak Brilliant, distribution manager, Icon
- Will Clarke, CEO, Altitude Film Entertainment
- Mark Dinning, editor-in-chief, Empire
- Allison Gardner, head of cinema, Glasgow Film Theatre and Glasgow Film Festival
- Kate Gerova, creative director, Birds Eye View
- Mike Goodridge, CEO, Protagonist Pictures
- Briony Hanson, director - film, British Council
- Damian Jones, producer/founder, DJ Films
- Hamish Moseley, distribution consultant
- Matt Mueller, editor, Film3Sixty
- David Parfitt, producer/founder, Trademark Films
- Marc Samuelson, producer/founder, Samuelson Productions
- Tanya Seghatchian, producer
- Catherine Shoard, film editor, Guardian
- Iain Smith, chair, British Film Commission
- Anna Smith, film critic
- Alex Stolz, senior executive, exhibition, BFI
- Nick Taussig, founding partner, Salon Pictures
- Alison Thompson, president, Focus Features International
“I’m delighted that these industry experts will join us on this year’s jury,” said Wendy Mitchell, Editor of Screen International.
“They represent a huge range of experience, knowledge and insight that will be so valuable in selecting this year’s winners.
The fact that the winners are chosen by a panel of peers is crucial to the success and integrity of our awards, and we are thrilled that these industry veterans are sharing their time and expertise with us for the 2013 edition.”
Entries are free and submissions will be accepted until July 26.
The awards will be handed out at a gala celebration on Oct 30 at London’s Park Plaza Riverbank.