Sandy George covers Australia for Screen.
- Tel: (61) 2 9557 7425
- E-mail: Sandy.George@me.com
James Cameron’s substantial use of New Zealand for Avatar and intention to settle there permanently speaks volumes for the territory’s film-making capability and the allure of its lifestyle.
The territory’s laidback lifestyle and advanced film infrastructure are big attractions for film-makers and talent spending six months or more Down Under.
The 12 titles include Jafar Panahi’s Berlinale winner, Roy Andersson’s Venice victor and Alfonso Gomez-Rejon’s Sundance prize-winner.
- 'Lord of the Rings' cinematographer Andrew Lesnie dies aged 59
- Rose Byrne helps launch all female production company
- Beijing Film Market popular with Australian producers
- Filmart 2015: HAF profiles
- Bondi Hipsters among Screen Australia awardees
- Babadook, Water Diviner share AACTA best film
- Australia box office drops 2.3% in 2014