Stuart Murdoch’s God Help the Girl among 12 films announced for next year’s Berlinale.
The first titles for Berlinale 2014’s Generation programme have been unveiled by the festival.
With the complete programme to be announced in mid January, the selection includes the world premieres of Inés María Barrionuevo’s Atlántida and Matías Lucchesi’s Ciencias Naturales (Natural Sciences), as well as the European premiere of Stuart Murdoch’s God Help the Girl.
In 2014, Generation will be returning to the recently reopened Zoo Palast cinema, as well as screening at the Haus der Kulturen der Welt. The section’s short film competition will take place in the CinemaxX at Potsdamer Platz.
The 12 titles announced are:
WP = World Premiere / IP = International Premiere / EP = European Premiere
- 52 Tuesdays (Australia)
dir. Sophie Hyde (EP)
- Atlántida (Argentina/France)
dir. Inés María Barrionuevo (WP)
- Einstein and Einstein (People’s Republic of China)
dir. Cao Baoping (EP)
- Galore (Australia)
dir. Rhys Graham (IP)
- God Help the Girl (UK)
dir. Stuart Murdoch (EP)
- Il Sud è Niente (South Is Nothing) (Italy/France)
dir. Fabio Mollo (EP)
- Ömheten (Broken Hill Blues) (Sweden)
dir. Sofia Norlin (IP)
- Somos Mari Pepa (We Are Mari Pepa) (Mexico)
dir. Samuel Kishi Leopo (EP)
- Ciencias Naturales (Natural Sciences) (Argentina)
dir. Matías Lucchesi (WP)
- Loulou, l’Incroyable Secret (Wolfy, the Incredible Secret) (France)
dirs. Grégoire Solotareff and Eric Omond (IP)
- MGP Missionen (The Contest) (Denmark)
dir. Martin Miehe-Renard (IP)
- Tante Hilda! (Aunt Hilda!) (France/Luxembourg)
dirs. Jacques-Rémy Girerd and Benoît Chieux (EP)