The Times BFI London Film Festival has expanded its industry programme with a series of events aimed at the international film business.
They include the third Production Finance Market, bringing together international financiers and producers. This year, the market will run over two days from October 20th-21st.
The three-day innovation event Power to the Pixel returns from 22-24 Octoberfeaturing the most pioneering visionaries, film-makers and entrepreneurs in the field of digital distribution.
Training and talent programme Think-Shoot-Distribute programme - supported by Skillset and Film London - brings together 25 emerging producers, screenwriters and directors with leading international film professionals.
Following the successful buyer events in 2007, there will once again be four days of Industry Screenings at the Curzon Soho, from 20-23 October
Other events include:
- UK and India:The Shape of Things to Come: an event focusing on the new UK-India co-production treaty
- The Risk Business: an examination of the relationship between broadcasting and film
- Cross Country: a look at how English regional production is affecting British film
- Working Your Future: Advice for film school students delivered by professionals
- Stop the Sky Falling: a European production seminar
The expansion follows increased funding from Film London, the London Development Agency, the Mayor of London, and new industry sponsor, Production Base.
'Over the last few years the Festival has developed a strong industry presence,' said festival artistic director, Sandra Hebron.