This year’s AFM programme will offer new conference sessions on China and festivals and speakers including Glen Basner, John Sloss, Cassian Elwes and the president of China Film Co-Production Corporation.
The 2015 American Film Market (AFM) has unveiled an initial line-up of speakers that includes FilmNation CEO Glen Basner, Cinetic Media’s John Sloss, producer/agent Cassian Elwes and China Film Co-production Corporation president Miao Xiaotian.
The event, which runs Nov 4-11 in Santa Monica, will include roundtables starting on Nov 5 and conferences, starting on Nov 7, covering finance, pitching, production and distribution.
Included in the programme for the first time will be a China Conference, a Festival Conference and a Festival Focus.
Other confirmed speakers are:
- Mark Adams, artistic director of the Edinburgh International Film Festival;
- Tobin Armbrust, president, worldwide production and acquisition at Virgin Produced;
- John Burke, partner at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP;
- Jamie Carmichael,president of film at Content;
- Paul Davidson, SVP film and TV at The Orchard;
- Clay Epstein, SVP sales and acquisitions, Arclight Films;
- Dr Shi Jianxiang, chairman of Shanghai Kuailu Investment Group;
- David Jourdan, SVP of international business development and operations, IM Global;
- Jeremy Kay, Screen International’s US editor.
Also confirmed are: Mike Medavoy, chairman and CEO of Phoenix Pictures; Charlotte Mickie, president at Mongrel International; Steve Nickerson, president of home entertainment, Broad Green Pictures; Bennett C Pozil, executive vice president and head of corporate banking with East West Bank; and April Ye, CEO of Film Finances China.
AFM conferences will take place at Santa Monica’s Fairmont Miramar Hotel and the roundtables and Festival Focus at the Loews Hotel, AFM Studio.