First 10 films selected will play on the festival’s website ahead of online voting, which takes place from June 10-21.
Palm Springs International ShortFest and Short Fest Film Market have announced the first 10 films selected to represent the 2014 ShortFest Online Film Festival.
The chosen shorts play on the festival website with online voting taking place between June 10-21. The winner of the ShortFest Online Audience Award will be announced at the Festival Award Ceremony on closing night.
“This year we are once again delighted to be showcasing such strong, fun and accomplished short films in our Online Festival – for our attending audience, it’s their first-look at the kind of films they will see at the main festival, and for our audiences worldwide it’s a great way to get a sense of the short form cinema we like to program,” said Kathleen McInnes, director of ShortFest.
The films selected for the 2014 ShortFest Online Film Festival are:
- Jennifer Lawrence is Coming [pictured], dir Justin Dec
- Juliet, dir Martin Høgberget
- Level 1457 LAST, dir Xabier Urrutia Perez
- Men & Women, dir Rut Meehan
- Monotony, dir Joanne Postlewaite
- The Offering, dir Ryan Patch
- Practical Things, dir Kris Boustedt, Lindy Boustedt
- Transmormon, dir Torben Bernhard
- Tulkou, dir Sami Guellai, Mohamed Fadera
- Woodhouse, dir Fred Rowson