International film sales business-to-business website Reelplay.com has made some key appointments from the film world to join its team.
- Chris Perry-Melish, formerly president of international sales at Kushner-Locke Co, has been named senior vice president of sales. Perry-Melish previously held sales and distribution posts at Conquistador Entertainment, Prism Entertainment and Trimark Pictures.
- John Piano, formerly counsel with the acquisitions, distribution and finance departments of 20th Century Fox, has joined as vice president, legal affairs.
- Harry Vasavada, formerly director and controller with a number of companies including Independent Artists, Live Entertainment, Film Roman, IRS Media, Raygun Publishing and Atlantic Entertainment, has been named controller.
- Andrea Krauss, formerly director of operations for Scanbox International and prior to that an international sales executive with Silverline Pictures, has been named director of client relations.
- Gary MacKinney, formerly with Artist View, has been named manager of client relations; Doug Coulter, previously chief technology officer for Netsperanto.com, has been named chief technology officer for Reelplay.
The announcements were made by Reelplay co-presidents Stephen Liu and Dennis Young. Launched in Oct 1999, Reelplay offers free services to buyers and sellers including showcasing film trailers, TV promotion reels, synopses, stills, credits and key art.