The Cannes Cinefondation Residence programme has announced its participants for the upcoming 15th session.
Director Sebastien Lifshitz and his jury chose six film-makers to take part in the Resdience out of more than 140 candidates, Cannes festival organisers announced Wednesday.
Four female directors and two men will work on honing either their first or second feature film while living in the Paris.
The directors are:
- Emily Atef from Iran with her second project, Kill Me
- China's Xiaolu Guo with her second feature Ufo In Her Eyes
- Sweden's Pia Marais with a second effort, The Unpolished
- Hagar Ben Asher from Israel with her first project, Tama
- Ruben Imaz Castro out of Mexico with a second feature, The Tourists
- American Barnwell Elliot with his first feature Bound
Since it was created in 2000, the Residence has helped over 80 directors hone their works. During each four-month session, the directors meet with veteran filmmakers and industry professionals to aid them in the development process.