UKtraining body Skillset has launched a new film website for people working orwanting to work in the UK film industry.
The siteis billed as a one-stop shop for all information on getting in and getting onin film careers.
Coveringall aspects of film from development through to exhibition, the site includes:
- 5,000 film and media coursessearchable online.
- 40interviews with leading industry professionals and company heads.
-Descriptions and career paths for over 200 film jobs.
- Astoryboard guide to the filmmaking process called 'The Business - Understandingfilmmaking.'
-Careers advice and guidance, including support for film freelancers.
- Thelatest bursaries and funding available.
- Factsand figures giving an up to date picture of working life in film.
JudyCounihan, Skillset director of film, said: "Our website is completely endorsedby the industry; it's the definitive site and should be the first port of callfor film-makers, employers and training providers who want advice and guidance ontraining and skills."
The sitehas been endorsed by film-maker and BFI chairman Anthony Minghella, who said:"My best advice to anyone wanting to pursue a career in film is to visit theSkillset website. It's your first foot in the door of the UK film industry."
The sitecan be found at: www.skillset.org/film.