25 producers to participate in 12th edition, including first producer invited from Albania.
European Film Promotion (EFP), the Hamburg-based promotional organisation, has selected 25 emerging European producers for the 12th edition of its Producers On The Move networking initiative which will be held during the Cannes Film Festival next month.
This year’s line up is the largest since the initiative’s launch in 2000 and includes a producer – Dritan Huqi, co-producer of Johannes Naber’s The Albanian – coming from Albania for the first time.
The selection includes Switzerland’s Dan Wechsler of Bord Cadre Films, who co-produced Cristi Puiu’s award-winning Aurora, and Germany’s Gian-Piero Ringel of Berlin-based Neue Road Movies, the producer of Wim Wenders’ Pina.
The EFP member organizations have also selected Bulgarian producer Borislav Chouchkov, whose production of his brother Viktor’s feature debut Tilt was a box-office success in his native country this winter, and Greece’s Maria Hatzakou who produced Athina Rachel Tsangari’s acclaimed Attenberg.
Moreover, some of this year’s Producers on the Move will be having films screening in various sections of the forthcoming Cannes Film Festival. Iceland’s Hlín Jóhannesdóttir of Zik Zak Filmworks worked on Rúnar Rúnarsson’s Volcano which was selected for the Directors’ Fortnight, while the award-winning feature debut Sebbe by Swedish producer Mimmi Spǻng will be presented in the Cannes Junior category.
In addition, Cinefondation, Cannes’ platform for the promotion of innovative productions, has selected Attila Csáky’s production of Balint Kenyeres’ Hier and Gian-Piero Ringel’s co-production of Bogdan Mustata’s Wolf, which will be co-produced by Gian-Piero Ringel, to participate in the 2011 edition of its Atelier.
Since its launch 12 years ago, Producers On The Move has brought 218 producers together and aims to lay the foundation for future collaborations at roundtable meetings and co-production lunches.
For the second year running, the pan-European co-production fund Eurimages and Commerzbank will be providing the producers with information about complementary financing opportunities.
The full line-up of Producers on the Move for 2011 is:
· Dritan Huqi – On Film Production (Albania)
· Borislav Chouchkov – Chouchkov Brothers (Bulgaria)
· Radim Procházka– Produkce Radim Procházka (Czech Republic)
· Jesper Morthorst – Alphaville Pictures Copenhagen (Denmark)
· Joonas Berghäll – Oktober Oy (Finland) [pictured]
· Justin Taurand – Les Films du Bélier (France)
· Gian-Piero Ringel – Neue Road Movies (Germany)
· Maria Hatzakou – Haos Films (Greece) [pictured]
· Attila Csáky - Cameofilm (Hungary)
· Hlin Jóhannesdóttir – Zik Zak Filmworks (Iceland)
· Rebecca O’Flanagan – Treasure Entertainment (Ireland)
· Marta Donzelli – Vivo Film (Italy)
· Linda Krukle – KrukFilms (Latvia)
· David Grumbach – Paul Thiltges Distributions (Luxembourg)
· Darko Popov – Pank Film (Macedonia)
· Michael John Fedun – Corrino Media Group (The Netherlands)
· Maria Ekerhovd – Mer Film AS (Norway)
· Lukasz Dzieciol – Opus Film (Poland)
· João Trabulo – Periferia Filmes (Portugal)
· Ada Solomon - HiFilm Productions (Romania)
· Michal Kollár– Sokol Kollár (Slovakia)
· Borja Pena – Vaca Films (Spain)
· Mimmi Spǻng - Garagefilm International (Sweden)
· Dan Wechsler – Bord Cadre films (Switzerland)
· Samm Haillay – Third Films (UK) [pictured]