The Academy has selected 10 animated shorts from 58 submissions to advance in the voting process for the 87th Academy Awards.
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with production companies:
- The Bigger Picture, dir Daisy Jacobs (National Film And Television School);
- Coda, dir Alan Holly (And Maps And Plans);
- The Dam Keeper, dir Robert Kondo and Dice Tsutsumi, directors (Tonko House);
- Duet, dir Glen Keane (Glen Keane Productions & ATAP);
- Feast, dir Patrick Osborne (Walt Disney Animation Studios);
- Footprints, dir Bill Plympton (Bill Plympton Studio);
- Me And My Moulton, dir Torill Kove (Mikrofilm in co-production with the National Film Board of Canada);
- The Numberlys, dirs William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg (Moonbot Studios);
- A Single Life, dir Joris Oprins (Job, Joris & Marieke);
- Symphony No. 42, dir Réka Bucsi (Moholy-Nagy University Of Art And Design Budapest).
The Academy’s short films and feature animation branch reviewing committee viewed all the eligible entries for the preliminary round of voting at screenings held in New York and Los Angeles.
Short films and feature animation branch members will select three to five nominees at a series of December screenings in Los Angeles, London, New York and San Francisco.
The 87th Academy Awards nominations will be unveiled on January 15 ahead of the awards show on February 22.