Promising projects from Europe, South America, Asia and the Middle East will be showcased for international co-production opportunities.
The Cannes Film Festival (May 11-22) has unveiled this year’s Cinefoundation Atelier selection, comprising 15 projects in development from upcoming director talent.
The 12th edition of the showcase will give the invited directors and their producers access to potential funding partners during the festival in a bid to accelerate completion of the films. The titles include:
- Abou Leila Amin Sidi-Boumediène (Algeria)
- La Cordillera Santiago Mitre (Argentina)
- Tantas Almas Nicolás Rincón Gille (Colombia)
- Ni dieux ni maîtres Eric Cherrière (France)
- Memories and My Mother Aditya Vikram Sengupta (India)
- Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts Mouly Surya (Indonesia)
- Daoud’s Winter Koutaiba Al Janabi (Iraq)
- Death In Bed David Volach (Israel)
- Sow The Wind Danilo Caputo (Italy)
- Femme Fatale Kyoko Miyake (Japan)
- The Whole-Timers Bibhusan Basnet & Pooja Gurung (Nepal)
- Animas José Ortuño (Spain)
- My Favorite Fabric Gaya Jiji (Syria)
- Iguana Tokyo Kaan Müjdeci (Turkey)
- The Boarding School Rezan Yeşilbaş (Turkey)
Meetings between the filmmakers and potential investors will run May 13-19.
Since its creation in 2005, a total of 171 projects have been showcased at Cinefoundation’s Atelier; 126 have secured theatrical release and 18 are currently in pre-production.