UK distributor also takes on Terrence Malick’s forthcoming romantic drama; Ong Bak 3; Julia’s Eyes, Dog Pound and other titles.
UK distributor Optimum Releasing has announced a slate of nine new acquisitions.
- Luc Besson’s The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec, starring Louise Bourgoin, Mathieu Amalric, Gilles Lellouche, and Jean-Paul Rouve in the story of a popular novelist/detective in early 20th century Paris.
- Terrence Malick’s untitled forthcoming romantic drama starring Christian Bale, Rachel McAdams, Javier Bardem and Olga Kurylenko. The project will shoot later this year in Oklahoma.
- Yuen Woo Ping’s True Legend starring Wenzhou Zhao, Xun Zhou, Andy On, Xiaodong Guo, Cung Lee, David Carradine, Jay Chou, Gordon Liu, and Michelle Yeoh, about a patriotic hero in the Qing Dynasty.
- Tony Jaa’s Ong Bak 3, the continuation of the popular martial arts series.
- Kim Chapiron’s Dog Pound, a US prison drama starring Adam Butcher, Max Turnbull, Shane Kippel, Lawrence Bayne.
- Gilles Paquet-Brenner’s Sarah’s Key starring Kristin Scott Thomas, Melusine Mayance, Niels Arestrup, and Aidan Quinn, a drama based on Tatiana de Rosnay’s novel about an American woman making big life decisions who stumbles upon a secret.
- Guillem Morales’s Julia’s Eyes, produced by Guillermo del Toro, stars Belen Rueda and Lluis Homar in a Spanish-language psychological thriller about a woman losing her sight who investigates the death of her blind twin. The film is now in post.
- Patrice Pooyard’s documentary The Revelation Of The Pyramids about a man who has researched the Great Pyramids for seven years.
- Pierre Thoretton’s documentary L’Amour Fou about the relationship between Yves Saint Laurent and his life companion Pierre Bergé.
“We are thrilled to be involved with such a varied and exciting combination of films, all of them infused with such great talent,” said Berenice Fugard, head of acquisitions at Optimum Releasing.