Munich-based private media fund Mediability has added Hahn Film's Wildlife 2 to its portfolio of animation projects.

The Euro 56m fund will put up 50% of the Euro 6.65m budget for the animation series with Hahn Film contributing the remaining 50%.

Wildlife 2 picks up on the successful first Wildlife series which Hahn Film produced with German public broadcaster ZDF and has already sold to more than 30 countries.

The other projects in Mediability's portfolio are 13 episodes of the Timm Thaler series, which Mediability is 100% financing and will be produced by United Animators; and three animation series - Baron Von Muenchhausen, Frog and Thorgal - to be co-produced with Vivendi Universal subsidiary Ellipse Deutschland.

Mediability will invest around Euro 20m in the three Ellipse productions, with the fund putting up 80% of the budgets and Ellipse the remaining 20%.

Baron Von Muenchhausen will be presented by Ellipse Deutschland and Mediability at one of the project pitching sessions during this week's Cartoon Forum in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.