New Line International has unveiled a powerful new slate for itsdistribution partners and Cannes buyers which boasts directors as varied as JanDe Bont, Todd Field and Shekhar Kapur and stars ranging from Bruce Willis, JackBlack and Samuel L Jackson to Kate Winslet and John Cusack.
The studio's president of worldwide distribution and marketingRolf Mittweg named ten pictures that would be ready to sell at Cannes, whilealso talking up high-profile New Line projects Rush Hour 3, His DarkMaterials and Hairspraywhich are not yet readyto bring to market.
Thenew films are:
-Pacific Air 121 (formerly Snakes On A Plane), a thriller starring Samuel L Jacksonand to be directed by David Ellis about an assassin who unleashes venomoussnakes on a passenger plane; it starts shooting in Vancouver on May 30.
-An adaptation of Steve Alten's monster shark novel Meg, which New Line acquired in turnaround from Disney will bedirected by Jan De Bont, with producers including Lawrence Gordon and GuillermoDel Toro.
- Serial killer thriller Solace, which stars Bruce Willis as a psychicagent and will be directed by Shekhar Kapur in Toronto in July. Eagle hasalready prebought Italian rights.
- Cheating Death: Final Destination 3, which started production in Vancouveron Apr 4, is being directed by the thriller franchise's original director JamesWong with Ryan Merriman heading the young cast.
- Gaga has prebought the fish-out-of-water dance drama Take TheLead, which starsAntonio Banderas and is currently shooting in Canada. Liz Friedlander is thedirector.
- Jack Black and real-life bandmate Kyle Gass star in rock 'n'roll comedy Tenacious D In The Pick Of Destiny which starts shooting in Los Angeles onThursday under director Liam Lynch.
- Hoot isan adaptation of Carl Hiaasen children's eco tale about a pancake housefranchise that threatens an owl site; it will be directed by Wil Shriner.
- Mr Woodcock, currently shooting in Los Angeles, stars Seann William Scott,Billy Bob Thornton and Susan Sarandon in the story of a young man who ismortified to learn that his mother is preparing to marry his hated former highschool gym teacher. It is directed by Craig Gillespie.
- Todd Field's suburban drama Little Children, his follow-up to In The Bedroom is set to start shooting in New York inJuly. Kate Winslet, Jennifer Connelly, and Patrick Wilson star in the story ofbored young marrieds whose paths cross unexpectedly and propel them into aworld they never knew existed.
- The Martian Child, which starts shooting in Canada today [Monday], stars JohnCusack as a grieving man who is befriended by a highly peculiar young boy.Amanda Peet and Joan Cusack also star in the picture, which Menno Meyjes isdirecting.
Mittweg and New Line International president Cam Galano will alsoaim to complete select territory sales on David Dobkins' comedy The WeddingCrashers, which starsOwen Wilson, Vince Vaughn and Rachel McAdams and is set to open in NorthAmerica on Jul 15; and Robert Luketic's comedy Monster-In-Law starring Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lopezand due to open on May 13.
Meanwhile Mittweg said thatwhile director Brett Ratner and star Jackie Chan are attached to Rush Hour 3, a deal for star Chris Tucker has yet to be closed.A director has yet to be found for fantasy adaptation His Dark Materials although Mittweg was thrilled with Chris Weitz'sscreenplay. As for Hairspray, nodirector or cast is yet in place on the film which will be produced by Chicagoproducers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.