Now in its 13th edition, Baltic Event will present 13 projects in its 10th Co-Production Market, among others.
Baltic Event has unveiled its project slate for its 2014 edition, taking place during the Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival on Nov 26-28.
Now in its 13th year, the event will present 13 projects in its 10th Co-Production Market, eight projects in its script and pitch workshop POWR Baltic Stories Exchange, eight projects in Baltic Bridge East by West (B’EST)producers’ workshop and 17 Baltic and Finnish projects in its Works in Progress and Screenings sections.
Projects for the Co-Production Market come from 11 countires, including Ignas Jonynas’ Blind Spot from Lithuania and Piotr Trzaskalski’s The Wounded Beats from Poland. The full list of projects is as follows:
- The 30th Love, producer Julia Mishkinene, Vita Aktiva, Russia, director Angelina Nikonova
- Blind Spot, producer Kristina Ramanauskaite, Revoliucijos idėja, Lithuania, director Ignas Jonynas
- Eternal Road, producer Ilkka Matila MRP, Matila Röhr Productions, Finland, director Aku Louhimies
- Game Over, producer Volodymyr Kozyr, Interfilm Production Studio, Ukraine, director Olena Fetisova
- Impaled Rektum, producers Kai Nordberg, Kaarle Aho, Making Movies Oy, Finland, directors Jukka Vidgren, Juuso Laanto
- Kids from the East, producer Michal Kráčmer, trans-for.me, Czech Republic, director Aramisova
- Killer’s Fee, producer Emma K Dixgård, Red Sister, Sweden, director Andreas Tibblin
- Never Let It Go, producer Paul Negoescu, Papillon Film, Romania, director Paul Negoescu
- Polar Boy, producer Priit Pääsuke, Luxfilm, Estonia, director Anu Aun
- Ravens, producer Malte Forssell, Film and Art Affairs, Sweden, director Jens Assur
- The Survivalist, producer Alise Gelze, Tasse Film, Latvia, director Janis Nords
- The Wounded Beast, producer Roman Jedrkowiak, ADHD Warsaw, Poland, director Piotr Trzaskalski
Baltic Event’s producers’ workshop B’EST is designed specifically for co-production projects between the European Union and the CIS countries, Georgia and Ukraine. For the first time in 2014, B’EST has invited four producers interesting in working with the other region to participate without a project.
It consists of two workshops held during Baltic Event and during the Moscow Business Square in June 2015.
The projects and producers are as follows:
Baltic Bridge East by West (B’EST) project list
- The Flame Race 1980, producer Anneli Ahven, Kopli Kinokompanii, Estonia, director Ain Mäeots
- The Lake, producer Erke Dzhumakmatova, Oymo Studio, Kyrgyzstan, directors Emil Atageldiev, Erke Dzhumakmatova
- Our Family, producer Aleš Pavlin, Perfo, Slovenia, director Jan Cvitkovič
- Protos, producer Marteinn Thorsson, Tenderlee Motion Pictures Company, Iceland, directors Marteinn Thorsson, Ottar Nordfjord and Gudni Lindal
- Stockholm Syndrome, producers Kira Saksaganskaya, Olga Ailarova, Rock Films, Russia, director Elena Hazanov
- Sulaiman Mountain, producer Maria Yakubova, Trikita Entertainment, Russia, director Elizaveta Stishova
- The Tattooist, producer Zuzana Mistríková, PubRes s.r.o., Slovakia, director Martin Repka
- The Woman from Ingria, producer Pavel Odynin, Pavel Odynin’s Film Company, Russia, director Anna Fenchenko
Participants without projects
- Raymond McCormack, Gambit Pictures Limited, Ireland
- Ekaterina Panova, Artline Films, France
- Vasilis Chrysanthopoulos, plays2place productions, Greece
- Fyodor Druzin, Curb Denizen Prod., Russia
Meanwhile, the eight projects and screenwriters taking part in POWR are as follows:
- Popinjay, Ülo Pikkov, Estonia
- The Deal, Jan Forsström, Finland
- Piece by Piece, Juhana Lumme, Finland
- The Underworld, Lassi Vierikko, Finland
- Swimming Horses, Jukka Eggert, Finland
- Ruta’s Road, Allan van O. T. Andersen & Richard Parkins, Lithuania
- Artistic Syndrome, Stephen Hutton, Norway
- Sunburned, Carolina Hellsgard, Sweden
Supporters and partners of Baltic Event are Creative Europe MEDIA Programme, Cultural Endowment of Estonia, Estonian Film Institute, Lithuanian Film Center, National Film Centre of Latvia, Finnish Film Foundation, Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival, Nordic Hotel Forum, EAVE, Cannes Marche du Film’s Producers’ Network, Torino Film Lab, Screen International, Film New Europe, Estonian Digital Centre, Digital Sputnik, Tallinn City Enterprise Department, Estonian Film Industry Cluster and Enterprise Estonia/European Regional Funds.