The next batch of judges confirmed for this year’s Screen Awards includes execs from the BFI, See-Saw Films, Picturehouse Cinemas, Vue and the FDA.
This is the ninth year of the awards, which acknowledge the wide array of studios, companies, teams and individuals that contribute to the success of the UK film industry. The entry deadline is August 31.
The new judges are:
- Geraldine Moloney, consultant, Film Distributors Association
- Jonathan Sadler, independent marketing consultant
- Sara Frain, Group Marketing Director, Picturehouse Cinemas
- Yung Kha, Publicist, Dogwoof
- Ben Roberts, Director, BFI Film Fund
- Simran Hans, film critic
- Samantha Joly, marketing/publicity manager, See-Saw Films
- Dominic Rowell, Commercial Director UK and Ireland, Vue Entertainment
The judges will be divided into six groups of five, with each group judging two or three categories. All six groups will judge and vote on the prestigious Distributor of the Year award.
Last year’s awards saw Altitude Film Distribution take the distributor of the year award, with Lionsgate winning theatrical campaign of the year for La La Land. Curzon Artificial Eye picked up the most awards with four, including theatrical campaign of the year – 99 sites and under for the The Handmaiden.
The first 19 judges were announced earlier in August. They are:
- Rosie Alison, producer and head of development, Heyday Films
- Matt Aspray, CEO, Motion Picture Solutions
- Lawrence Atkinson, CEO, The DDA Group
- Mia Bays, director at large, Birds-Eye View
- Chris Bird, worldwide head of film licensing, Amazon
- Phil Cairns, press & publicity manager, Film4
- Caragh Cook, managing director, Organic
- Caroline Cooper Charles, strategic development executive, Screen Yorkshire
- Gareth Ellis-Unwin, head of film, Creative Skillset
- Lawrence Francis, director, Premier
- Kate Gardiner, head of Fox Searchlight UK
- Calum Gray, head of sales, Embankment Films
- Uzma Hasan, producer, Little House Productions
- Stephen Kelliher, director and head of sales & marketing, Bankside Films
- James Norrie, director of global sales and acquisitions, AMP International
- Nish Panchal, literary agent, Curtis Brown
- Ste Thompson, CEO and founder, Powster
- Eva Yates, commissioning executive, BBC Films
- Claudia Yusef, head of development, Number 9 Films