The Missing Picture producer Catherine Dussart to head documentary jury.
Scroll down for titles in competition
The juries for the 11th Zurich Film Festival (Sept 24-Oct 4) have been unveiled.
Elizabeth Karlsen, producer of Todd Haynes’ Carol, will head the international feature film jury, which will comprise ‘71 director Yann Demange; French producer Rosa Attab; German actress Maria Furtwängler; and German director Katja von Garnier.
The international documentary film jury will be presided over by Catherine Dussart, the French producer of Rithy Panh’s Oscar-nominated The Missing Picture, which won the Un Certain Regard award at Cannes 2013.
The doc jury includes French director Abbas Fahdel, Belgian editor Joelle Alexis, German director Alexander Nanau and UK director/producer Havana Marking.
The Focus: Switzerland, Germany, Austria jury will be headed by German producer Nico Hofmann (The Physician), also co-CEO of UFA Group.
The jury comprises German writer/director Anika Decker, German actor Alexander Fehling, Austrian actress Birgit Minichmayr and Swiss director Nick Brandestini.
ZFF screens first, second and third directorial works in the three competition categories. Each jury announces the winner of its Golden Eye award at a ceremony on Oct 3.
The two main categories each carry prize money of $26,000 (25,000CHF); the focus category carries a $20,600 (20,000CHF) cash prize. Each winning film additionally profits from distribution support.
International Feature Film Competition
- Bob and the Trees, Diego Ongaro
- Couple in a Hole, Tom Greens
- The Diary of a Teenage Girl, Marielle Heller
- Eva Nova, Marko Skop
- Las Elegidas, David Pablos
- Mediterranea, Jonas Carpignano
- The Miracle of Tekir, Ruxandra Zenide
- Neon Bull, Gabriel Mascaro
- Nichts Passiert, Micha Lewinsky
- Pikadero, Ben Sharrock,
- Rams, Grimur Hakonarson
- Sleeping Giant, Andrew Cividino
- The Survivalist, Stephan Fingleton
- Thirst, Svetla Tsotsorkova
- A War, Tobias Lindholm
International Documentary Film Competition
- 3 1/2 Minutes, Ten Bullets, Marc Silver
- Mother’s Wish, Joonas Berghall
- Breaking a Monster, Luke Meyer
- Containment, Robb Moss
- Deep Web, Alex Winter
- I Am Dublin, David Aronowitsch
- Killing Time, Lydie Wisshaupt-Claudel
- Los reyes del pueblo que no existe, Betzabe Garcia
- The Living Fire, Ostap Kostyuk
- The Russian Woodpecker, Chad Gracia
- The Wolfpack, Crystal Moselle
- Welcome To Leith, Michael Beach Nichols
Focus: Switzerland, Germany, Austria Competition
- Amateur Teens, Niklaus Hilber
- Becks Letzter Sommer, Frieder Wittich
- Chaebols und Chabolas, Christian Neu
- Coconut Hero, Florian Cossen
- Einer vons uns, Stephan Richter
- Fang den Haider, Nathalie Borgers
- Gruber Geht, Marie Kreutzer
- Kopek, Esen Isik
- Outside the Box, Philip Koch
- Thank You For Bombing, Barbara Eder
- The Long Distance, Daniel Andreas Sager
- Uns Geht es Gut, Henri Steinmetz