Sweden’s Way Out West festival has announced its film programme including Richard Linklater’s Before Midnight and Stephen Soderbergh’s Behind The Candelabra.
The festival also hosts the world premiere of the third film in the trilogy Easy Money: Life Deluxe, starring Joel Kinnaman.
Other titles include:
- Zal Batmanglij’s The East
- Felix Van Groeningen’s The Broken Circle Breakdown
- Wong Kar-wai’s The Grandmaster
- documentary Reincarnated: Snoop Lion
- Noah Baumbach’s Frances Ha
- street dance project Flex Is Kings
- Peaches Does Herself
- Shane Meadows’ Stone Roses: Made of Stone
- Sundance hit doc 20 Feet From Stardom.
The short films include Athina Rachel Tsangari’s The Capsule.
The festival will run August 8-10 in Gothenburg, Sweden. It attracts more than 30,000 visitors annually and this year’s musical acts include Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Alicia Keys, Cat Power and Kendrick Lamar.
The film programme is in its third year and it runs at five cinemas and an outdoor cinema at the festival.
“The films we premiered last year went on to become the most successful Scandinavian films of the year”, says Svante Tidholm, Way Out West’s head of film programming. “This year we’re aiming even higher, with more international films, more Swedish, European and World premieres as well as more international talent.“