The Royal Film Commission-Jordan and Sundance Institute announced on Tuesday (13) the screenwriting fellows for the eighth Rawi Screenwriters Lab.
Former Rawi Fellows include Amreeka director Cherien Dabis, while 2009 Rawi alumnus Haifaa Al Mansour recently premiered her debut feature Wadjda in Venice when she become known as the first Saudi woman to direct a feature film.
The Lab takes place from Nov 14-18 in Wadi Feynan in Southern Jordan. The eight projects are:
- Daughters Of Abdel Rahman by Zaid Abu Hamdan (Jordan);
- Via Dolorosa by Sobhi Al Zubaidi (Palestine);
- Trees Also Die by Rabih El Amine (Lebanon);
- Noor by Mustafa Shakarchi (Iraq);
- Crescent Moon by Naz Sadoughi (Iran);
- I Am Nojood by Khadija Al-Salami (Yemen);
- Two Rooms & A Parlor by Mohamed Salah El Azzab & Sherif Bendari (Egypt); and
- Until The End Of Time by Yasmine Chouikh (Algeria).