The studio announced on Tuesday (15) the three-year production deal with The Hunger Games producer and longtime champion Nina Jacobson and partner Brad Simpson.
First to go will be Suspect, based on Robert Crais’ crime thriller. Senior vp Bryan Unkeless will oversee development on the films for Color Force. The companies previously teamed up on the Diary Of A Wimpy Kid series.
“We are extremely honoured and proud to officially welcome Nina and Brad and the Color Force team to the Fox family,” said Fox 2000 Pictures president Elizabeth Gabler.
“Their passion and commitment to film-makers and material is inspirational and exciting and we know this will be a wonderful continuation to what has been an extremely collaborative and productive partnership.”
“Elizabeth Gabler is that rare executive who makes movies based on passion and instinct,” said Jacobson (pictured). “Her taste, integrity and conviction make Fox 2000 the perfect place for us to grow and expand our slate.
Jacobson just completed production on the final two episodes in the Hunger Games franchise. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 will be released on November 21, followed on November 20, 2015, by series final The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.