Cannes adds six new titles, including Competition entries from Wang Xiaoshuai and Kornel Mundruczo
Official selection also adds films by Andrei Ujica, Lucy Walker, Pablo Trapero and Jia Zhang Ke.
As promised, Cannes has added several more titles to the Official Selection, which is now complete.
With new films added by Wang Xiaoshuai (Beijing Bicycle) and Kornel Mundruczo (Delta), the Competition now stands at 18 titles. Also, French composer Alexandre Desplat (A Prophet, New Moon, Lust, Caution) has come on board as the final member of the jury.
In an American-light year, the festival has also added a special screening of Lucy Walker’s nuclear disaster documentary Countdown to Zero, which premiered at Sundance.
The films added are:
- Chongqing Blues, dir Wang Xiaoshuai (China) — Competition
- Tender Son -The Frankenstein Project, dir Kornel Mundruczo (Hungary) — Competition
- The Autobiography of Nicolae Ceauşescu, dir Andrei Ujica (Romania) — Out of Competition
- Carancho, dir Pablo Trapero (Argentina) — Un Certain Regard
- I Wish I knew, dir Jia Zhangke (China) — Un Certain Regard
- Countdown to Zero, dir Lucy Walker (US) – Special Screening