In total, 71 film projects were submitted for consideration to the Croatian Audio-Visual Center (HAVC) which is Croatia's official film funding body.
The HAVC was established in March this year and under Croatian law is completely independent from government bodies.
Its objectives include stimulating finance for the preparation, development and distribution of audiovisual works; providing support to new directors, stimulating inward investments, the organization of festivals.
$5.1m (HRK27,850,000) will be distributed across four categories: feature film, debut feature film, co-productions and one omnibus project.
The supported films are:
· Mother Of Asphalt (Majka Asfalta) , director: Dalibor Matanic, producer: Kinorama, amount: $665,188 (HRK3.6m)
· Kotlovina, dir. Tomislav Radic, prod. Korugva, $554,323 (HRK3m)
· High Fashion Tension (Visoka Modna Napetost) , dir. Filip Sovagovic, prod. Zona Sova, $498,891 (HRK2.7m)
· Remember Vukovar (Zapamtite Vukovar) , dir. Fadil Hadzic, prod. Alka Film, $184,775 (HRK1m)
Debut feature films
- Others (Drugi) , director: Ivona Juka, producer: Cetiri Film, amount: $406,504 (HRK2.2m)
- Translator (Prevoditeljica) , dir. Biljana Cakic Veselic, prod. Adria AMS, $388,027 (HRK 2.1m)
- Shot (Hitac) , Robert Orhel, Kinorama, $369,549 (HRK2m)
- In Forest They Live (U Sumi Zive) , dir. Ivan Goran Vitez, prod. Kinorama, $369,549 (HRK2m)
- Coco And The Ghosts (Koko I Duhovi) , dir. Daniel Kusan, prod. Kinorama, $406,504 (HRK2.2m)
- Vidovgrad , dir. Ivan Pavlicic, Kristijan Milic, prod. Goran Rukavina, Siesta, $351,072 (HRK1.9m)
- Children Of The Autumn (Djeca Jeseni) , dir. Mladen Dizdar, prod. Corvus Film, $332,594 (HRK1.8m)
- Embrace Of A Night Ship (Zagrljaj Nocnog Broda) , dir. Igor Mirkovic, prod. Studio Dim, $332,594 (HRK1.8m)
· Zagreb Stories (Zagrebacke Price) , group of directors, prod. Propeler Film, $55,432 (HRK300,000)
· On The Path (Na Putu) , director: Jasmila Zbanic, producers: Ziva Produkcija and Deblokada (Bosnia and Herzegovina), amount: $83,148 (HRK450,000)
· Local Vampire (Lokalni Vampir) , dir. Branko Baletic, prod. Jadran Film Laboratory and Association of Filmmakers of Montenegro, $55,432 (HRK300,000)
· The Climber (Sticenik) , dir. Ljubisa Samardzic, prod. Jadran Film and Cinema Design (Serbia), $46,193 (HRK250,000)
· Felicia Before All (Prije Svega Felicija) , dir. Razvan Radulescu and Melissa de Raaf, Kinorama and prod. Hi Film Productions (Romania), $46,193 (HRK250,000)