European Film Promotion (EFP), the Hamburg-based promotional organisation, has selected 23aspiring European producers for the 10th edition of its Producers On The Move networking initiative,which will be held during the Cannes Film Festival next month.
This year’s line up, which has been selected by the EFP member organisations, includes Croatia’s first representative, Ankica Jurić Tilić from Kinorama.
This year’s crop also includes the UK’s Adrian Sturges of Picture Farm, who produced Rupert Wyatt’s feature debut The Escapist and is currently in post-production on J Blakeson’s The Disappearance Of Alice Creed, and Germany’s Janine Jackowski of Munich-based Komplizen Film, who produced Maren Ade’s Berlinale 2009 competition film Everyone Else.
EFP has also selected Bulgaria’s producer-director Ilian Djevelekov, whose production of Javor Gardev’s Zift won six prizes in Varna last year, and Norway’s Yngve Saether of Motlys AS, who produced Stian Kristiansen’s debut The Man Who Loved Yngve and is now developing the director’s next feature Kiss Me, You Fucking Moron!
Since its launch in 2000, Producers On The Move has bought together almost 200 producers, including this year’s crop, and aims to lay the foundation for future collaborations at roundtable meetings and co-production lunches.
The full line up is:
- Alexander Glehr - Novotny & Novotny Filmproduktion (Austria)
- Ilian Djevelekov - Miramar Film (Bulgaria)
- Ankica Jurić Tilić - Kinorama (Croatia)
- Monika Kristl - Dawson Production (Czech Republic)
- Christian Potalivo - M&M Productions (Denmark)
- Katrin Kissa - Homeless Bob Production (Estonia)
- Matti Halonen - FS Film Oy (Finland)
- Emmanuel Agneray - Bizibi (France)
- Janine Jackowski - Komplizen Film GmbH (Germany)
- Gábor Sipos - Laokoon Filmgroup (Hungary)
- Gudrún Edda Thorhannesdottir - Spellbound Productions (Iceland)
- Andrew Freedman - Venom Film (Ireland)
- Giorgia Priolo - Film Kairòs (Italy)
- Carmen Cobos - Cobos Films b.v. (The Netherlands)
- Yngve Sæther - Motlys AS (Norway)
- Andrzej Jakimowski - Zjednoczii Artystów i Rzemieślników (Poland)
- Rodrigo Areias - Bando Ã Parte (Portugal)
- Daniel Mitulescu - Strada Film (Romania)
- Peter Kerekes - Peter Kerekes (Slovak Republic)
- Eva Rohrman - Forum Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Koldo Zuazua - Alicia Produce, S.L. (Spain)
- Erik Hemmendorff - Plattform Produktion AB (Sweden)
- Adrian Sturges - Picture Farm (United Kingdom)