Medusa Film, the company that took over the Warner Bros cinema with Alessandro Benetton’s 21 Investiment, has relaunched as The Space Cinema.

The take-over in May boosted Medusa’s chain by 150 screens bringing its total to 242 across 13 Italian regions, which makes it the leading chain with a 15% market share. It is predicted that it could account for 15 million to 16 million in annual ticket sales/

Capitolo Settimo, led by by Giampaolo Letta (also Medusa Film’s vice-president and CEO) controls the venture, of which 51% is owned by Benetton’s 21 Investimenti and the remaining 49% by Mediaset. Medusa is the film division of Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi’s Fininvest group.

Italy’s other leading multiplex exhibition group is UCI Italia, which has 256 screens and a slightly smaller market share of 11%.