Third edition of the international co-production market focused specifically on genre film production to take place in Brussels in April.
Fantasia International Film Festival’s international co-production market Frontières has unveiled the lineup for its third edition.
Taking place at the Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFFF) from April 10-12, the market will feature 12 Frontières projects and 11 Off-Frontières projects.
Frontières is the first and only co-production market to connect North America with Europe in an environment focused specifically on genre film production.
Among the 12 Frontières projects are new works from the likes of Martin Villeneuve (Aquarica), Borys Lankosz (The Chosen Child), AJ Annila (Don’t Come After Me) and Vincent Lannoo (Robin Hood Vs. Zombies).
Meanwhile, the 11 Off-Frontières projects include Beasts from Resolution directors Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead and Warg from Frostbite’s Anders Banke.
The full lineup is as follows:
- LES AFFAMÉS (Quebec) Dir. Robin Aubert / Prod. Stéphanie Morissette
- AQUARICA (Quebec) Dir. Martin Villeneuve
- CHLOE AND ATTIE (Canada) Dir. Scooter Corkle / Prod. Daniel Domachowski
- THE CHOSEN CHILD (Canada-USA) Dir. Borys Lankosz / Prod. Adrian Salpeter
- DEDALO (Portugal) Dir. Jerónimo Rocha / Prod. Frederico Serra
- DON’T COME AFTER ME (Finland) Dir. AJ Annila / Prod. Gudrun Giddings
- ECHOS (France) Dir. Marc-Henri Boulier / Prod. Anaïs Bertrand
- MARIONETTE (Netherlands) Dir. Elbert van Strien / Prod. Claudia Brandt
- RABBITS (Belgium) Dir. Jean-Julien Collette & Olivier Tollet / Prod. Stéphanie Pages, Fabrice Preel-Cleach & Anthony Rey
- ROBIN HOOD VS ZOMBIES (Belgium) Dir. Vincent Lannoo
- SADIE (Canada-USA) Dir. Craig Goodwill
- SEA FEVER (Ireland) Dir. Neasa Hardiman / Prod. Brendan McCarthy & John McDonnell
- 9th WORLD (France) Dir. Nicolas Alberny & Jean Mach
- BAO (Belgium) Dir. Maxime Pasque / Prod. John Engel
- BEASTS (UK) Dir. Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead / Prod. Pamela Hansson
- FREAKING (France) Dir. Julia Ducournau / Prod. Jean des Forêts
- GIRLS WITH BALLS (France) Dir. Jean-Luc Cano & Olivier Alfonso / Prod. Jean-Marie Antonini
- IMPURE (Spain) Dir. Lluis Quilez / Prod. Miguel A. Faura
- LIKHO, THE ONE-EYE EVIL (Poland) Dir. Mitja Okorn / Prod. Magda Wierzchoslawska
- ORO (Denmark-Sweden) Dir. Antonio Tublén / Prod. Alexander Brøndsted
- PIERROT (Quebec) Dir. Renaud Gauthier / Prod. Marie-Claire Lalonde
- PRIVATE NUMBER (Serbia) Dir. Vladimir Mancic / Prod. Nikola Pantelic
- WARG (Canada-Sweden) Dir. Anders Banke / Prod. Paula Devonshire & Magnus Paulsson
Accreditation is now open until Feb 28 for industry professionals who wish to participate in the market.
Project submissions for the fourth edition of Frontières, to take place at this year’s Fantasia, are now being received, with a submission deadline of March 28.
Frontières is an initiative of Fantasia International Film Festival, in collaboration with Vision-in-Motion and BIFFF. The event is made possible by support from MEDIA Mundus, Telefilm Canada, Sodec, Wallimage-Bruxellimages, Image Brussels, Brussels Capital-Région, Visit Brussels and the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles.