The International Union of Cinemas (UNIC) has announced its new board of directors, with UK Cinema Association head Phil Clapp re-elected as president.
The decision was made during the organisation’s general assembly at the CineEurope exhibition conference in Barcelona (June 17-20).
Clapp was first elected president in 2013, and will serve for the next two years.
The following have also been elected to the UNIC board for two-year terms:
- Senior Vice President and Treasurer: Jaime Tarrazón, Delegate of the Federation of Cinemas of Spain (Spain);
- Vice President: Kim Pedersen, CEO of Danske Biografer (Denmark)
- Vice President: Edna Epelbaum, President of the Association Cinématographique Suisse (Switzerland)
- Vice President: Mario Mazzetti, CEO of the Associazione Nazionale Esercenti Cinema (Italy)
- Vice President: Tomasz Jagiełło, CEO of Helios (Poland)
- Vice President: Richard Patry, President, Fédération Nationale des Cinémas Français (France)
Tarrazón was the treasurer in the previous board, and now adds the role of senior vice president. Pedersen, Epelbaum and Mazzetti were also on the previous board.
Clapp said: “It will be both an honour and a privilege to support the organisation in its efforts to continue to provide a strong and influential voice for the European cinema sector, which is now more important than ever.
“At a time when the challenges we face as an industry are only surpassed by the wealth of opportunities that lay before us, I very much look forward to working alongside other Board members.”