The new features include:
- Eric Chaikin's documentary, A Lawyer Walks Into a Bar
- Kris Carr's documentary, Crazy Sexy Cancer
- D.J. Caruso's upcoming thriller, Disturbia
- Shannon O'Rourke's documentary, Maybe Baby.
- Ron Mann's Imagine The Sound (1981)
- D.A. Pennebaker's Monterey Pop (1968)
- Bruce Weber's Let's Get Lost (1988)
The panels lineup will conclude on Tuesday, March 13 with a special session entitled 'Ready for Primetime: TV Comedy Today' featuring notable TV performers and producers such as Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy), Al Jean (The Simpsons), Rob Corddry (Fox's new show The Winner, The Daily Show), and more.
Other notable additions to the panels lineup include: 'A Conversation with Bill Paxton' on Saturday, March 10, the addition of filmmaker John Cameron Mitchell (Shortbus) to the Monday, March 12 session 'Sex Scenes Stay Hard,' and a multimedia presentation by acclaimed animator Emily Hubley.
In addition to the panels added, the SXSW Film Festival has also announced its lineup of shorts for the festival. They include nearly 100 films from around the globe, encompassing the worlds of animation, documentary, experimental filmmaking, music videos, and more. The full lineup of short films can be found on the SXSW Web site.