New projects from the likes of Joe Dante, Andrzej Zulawski, Buddy Giovinazzo and Bobcat Goldthwait [pictured] among the lineup for the genre festival’s second co-production market.
Scroll down for full selection
Montreal’s Fantasia International Film Festival has announced the official selection of the second edition of its Frontières International Co-Production Market.
Among the selection are new projects from the likes of Joe Dante (Casting The Runes), Andrzej Zulawski (Dark Matter), Buddy Giovinazzo (Oktoberflesh) and Bobcat Goldthwait (Schoolboys in Disgrace).
Also included are two first features from Québec’s Izabel Grondin (Le Quartier des Oubliés) and the UK’s Michael Kinirons (Frost Island).
Speaking to ScreenDaily, Frontières market director Stephanie Trepanier commented: “We are very happy with the yield of the 2013 Frontières selection. We’re presenting projects from world-renowned masters of cinema, from filmmakers that are long-time members of the Fantasia family and from up-and-coming talents repped by skilled producers.
She continued: “Choices were hard to make and we already have a few great projects up our sleeve for the Off-Frontières selection.”
Last week it was announced that Frontières will expand to Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFFF) in 2014, effectively becoming a circuit between Fantasia in July and BIFFF in April.
The market takes place as part of the Fantasia Industry Rendez-Vous, which runs July 25-28 during the upcoming Fantasia International Film Festival taking place from July 18-Aug 6 in Montreal.
Casting The Runes (Canada / Germany / USA)
- Director: Joe Dante
- Writer: David Tully based on the short story by M.R. James
- Producers: Rob Heydon Ecstasy Film, Daniela Tully Shivertownroad Films, Suzanne Berger Rossetta Media
- Executive Producer: Tim Smythe FilmWorks Group
- Cast: Simon Pegg
The Colour Out Of Space (France)
- Director: Richard Stanley
- Writers: Richard Stanley & Scarlett Amaris based on the story by H.P. Lovecraft
Dark Matter (Poland)
- Director / Writer: Andrzej Zulawski
- Producer: Marcin Wierzchosławski Metro Films
Frost Island (UK)
- Director: Michael Kinirons (first feature)
- Writer: Mia Ylönen
- Producer: Katie Holly Blinder Films
Harry’s Blonde (UK)
- Director / Writer: Caradog James
- Producer: Julie Baines Dan Films
The Lighthouse (Spain)
- Writers: David Matamoros & Richard Hobley
- Producer: David Matamoros Zentropa International Spain
Le Quartier Des Oubliés (Québec)
- Director / Writer: Izabel Grondin (first feature) based on a novel by Madeleine Robitaille
Oktoberflesh (Germany / USA)
- Director / Writer: Buddy Giovinazzo
- Producer: Matthias Georg Nerlich Little Kong Films
Schoolboys in Disgrace (USA)
- Director / Writer: Bobcat Goldthwait
- Producer: Andrew Tenenbaum, Creative Management and Productions
- Executive Producer: Raymond Douglas Davies
- Music and Lyrics by Ray Davies, The Kinks
- Director / Writer: Alex Epstein
- Producer: Anne-Marie Gélinas EMA Films
Stealing Is Bad (Canada)
- Director / Writer: Jason Lapeyre
- Producer: Randall Okita
The Void (Canada)
- Directors / Writers: Steven Kostanski & Jeremy Gillespie
- Producers: Colin Geddes & Peter Kuplowsky
- Director of Photography: Karim Hussain