Five animation shorts from Belgium, France and the UK have been nominated for this year's Cartoon d'Or prize which will be announced at an awards ceremony during the forthcoming Cartoon Forum (Sept 16-19) in Germany's Ludwigsburg.
The finalists are:
- The Bridge (Le Pont) by Vincent Bierrewaerts (Belgium/France)
- Breakout (L'Evasion) by Arnaud Demuynck (Belgium)
- The White Wolf (Le Loup Blanc) by Pierre-Luc Granjon (France)
- A Mouse's Tale (La Queue De La Souris) by Benjamin Renner (France
- John And Karen by Matthew Walker (UK)
The winner will be decided by a jury comprising the directors Enzo D'Alo (Italy), Raul Garcia (Spain) and Michael Coldewey (Germany).
Entries were only accepted from films which had been winners at one of the nine largest animation festivals in Europe.
The listincludes Brussels' Anima, Madrid's Animadrid, Espinho's Cinanima, Bristol's Encounters Short Film Festival, Annecy's Festival International du Film d'Animation, Fredrikstad's Animation Festival, Genzano di Roma's I Castelli Animatim Stuttgart's Internationales Trickfilm Festival and Trebon's International Festival of Animated Films.
The Cartoon d'Or's aim is to discover and support young creative talents in the European animation industry.